The United States Department of Labor has released their “Employment Situation” Report for April 2015.
- Nonfarm payroll employment increased by 223,000
- Unemployment rate was essentially unchanged at 5.4 percent
- Number of unemployed persons were essentially unchanged at 8.5 million
- Number of long-term unemployed (jobless for 27 weeks or more) changed little 2.5 million
- Professional and business services added 62,000 in April
- Average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 3 cents to $24.87 in April
View and download your free report: