The United States Department of Labor has released their “Employment Situation” Report for November 2014.
Some of the Statistical Highlights:
- Nonfarm payroll employment increased by 321,000
- Unemployment rate was unchanged at 5.8 percent
- Number of unemployed persons was little changed at 9.1 million
- Number of long-term unemployed (jobless for 27 weeks or more) was little changed at 2.8 million
- Professional and business services increased by 86,000 in November compared with an average monthly gain of 57,000 per month over the prior 12 months.
- Average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 9 cents to $24.66 in November
View and download your free report: