The United States Department of Labor has released their “Employment Situation” Report for September 2014.
Some of the Statistical Highlights:
- Nonfarm payroll employment increased by 248,000
- Unemployment rate declined to 5.9 percent
- Number of unemployed persons decreased by 329,000 (9.3 million)
- Number of long-term unemployed (jobless for 27 weeks or more) was essentially unchanged at 3.0 million
- Professional and business services added 81,000 in September compared with an average monthly gain of 213,000 over the prior 12 months.
- Average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls changed little by -1 cent at $24.53
View and download your free report: