The United States Department of Labor has released their “Employment Situation” Report for August 2014.
- Nonfarm payroll employment increased by 142,000
- Unemployment rate was little changed at 6.1 percent
- Number of unemployed persons were down by 1.1 percentage points (9.6 million)
- Number of long-term unemployed (jobless for 27 weeks or more) declined by 192,000.00 to 3.0 million
- Professional and business services employment added 47,000 in August and has added 639,000 jobs over the past year
- Average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose by 6 cents to $24.53
View and download your free report: